Princess Cruises has announced its largest ever west coast deployment for 2020-2021, to destinations including Hawaii, the California coast and Mexico. The voyages depart from September 2020 to May 2021 and are on sale now.
A range of Hawaii options are open to guests, with roundtrip cruises available from four ports – Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle and Vancouver – and sailings to destinations including Maui, Oahu, Kauai and Hilo.
Hawaii is very close to my heart as it was my first Princess cruise.
This cruise was special for several reasons:
- It was my partner, Craig’s, first cruise and he absolutely loved it
- There were lots of sea days, which led us to meet some truly lovely people who we still call friends
- We sailed from San Francisco – I will never forget passing under the Golden Gate Bridge
I sailed from San Francisco. I would highly recommend sailing from this port for the experience of passing under the Golden Gate Bridge – an awesome memory I will never forget.
New for the season are two 16-day cruises from Seattle on Emerald Princess and Ruby Princess. Star Princess (roundtrip Los Angeles), Ruby Princess (roundtrip San Francisco) and Grand Princess (roundtrip Vancouver) will also sail 15-day Hawaii cruises.
Emerald Princess and Star Princess will offer a 28-day Hawaii and Tahiti cruise roundtrip from Los Angeles, featuring visits to Tahiti, Moorea and an overnight stay in Bora Bora, plus Pago Pago and Samoa in addition to the Hawaiian Islands.
During days at sea, guests can experience the Hawaiian and South Pacific cultures onboard with activities including lei-making, ukulele playing, hula dance lessons and Polynesian language classes.
On my Hawaiian cruise, I chose to learn hula dancing and even got the chance to perform in a passengers’ show at the end of the cruise in the Princess Theatre.
A variety of voyages along the California coast will be available including seven-day cruises from Los Angeles on the 3,560-guest Royal Princess and seven-day cruises from San Francisco on Ruby Princess and Star Princess. Guests can experience coastal towns and cities including Astoria, San Diego, Santa Barbara and Monterey. A Grand Princess 10-day option from Vancouver also includes stops in San Francisco and Los Angeles.
Guests can choose from seven-day Pacific wine country cruises sailing between Los Angeles and Vancouver, which highlight the wine regions along the coast. Shorter, one-to five-day cruises are also available. Regal Princess, will make her west coast debut with seven-day Pacific wine country cruises to San Francisco, San Diego and Astoria.
On land, Princess Cruises has developed exclusive culinary shore excursions in Santa Barbara, San Diego and Ensenada, as well as trips to the California wine country, visiting local vineyards and winemakers throughout the region.
Royal Princess will offer 25 cruises to the Mexican Riviera from Los Angeles, including seven-day options to destinations such as Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlán and Puerto Vallarta. Shorter, five-day sailings to Cabo San Lucas are also available with an overnight stay so guests can spend more time in port.
Ruby Princess will be based in San Francisco and depart on three 10-day cruises to the Mexican Riviera from the port of San Francisco including a sailaway under the Golden Gate Bridge. In addition Emerald Princess and Star Princess will sail on five, 10-day Baja Peninsula & Sea of Cortez voyages, visiting Cabo San Lucas (overnight), La Paz, Loreto and Puerto Vallarta, roundtrip from Los Angeles.
Princess’ ships in Mexico will offer locally-inspired food and drink with menu items such as ceviche, tacos and mole, as well as margaritas and a premium tequila tasting. Meanwhile younger cruisers can enjoy Mexican arts and crafts while learning about the traditions and customs of the places they’ll visit.
- Princess Cruises is offering a 15-night Hawaii Islands sailing on Ruby Princess, roundtrip from San Francisco. Departing November 23, 2020 ports of call include Hilo, Honolulu, Kauai (Nawiliwili), Maui (Lahaina) and Ensenada. Prices from £1,389 per person, with up to $200 onboard spending money per person, a complimentary bottle of wine and free speciality dining.
- Princess Cruises is offering a 7-night Classic California Coast sailing on Royal Princess, roundtrip from Los Angeles. Departing October 31, 2020 ports of call include San Francisco, Monterey, San Diego and Ensenada. Prices from £779, with up to $125 onboard spending money per person, a complimentary bottle of wine and free speciality dining.
- Princess Cruises is offering a 7-night Mexican Riviera sailing on Royal Princess, roundtrip from Los Angeles. Departing January 9, 2021 ports of call include Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. Prices from £689 per person, with up to $125 onboard spending money per person, a complimentary bottle of wine and free speciality dining.
For more information or to book visit www.princess.com, call 0344 338 8663 or contact your local travel agent.