Princess Cruises has unveiled a new speciality seafood restaurant, The Catch by Rudi, that debuted on Enchanted Princess. This new seafood restaurant on Princess Cruises is a joint partnership with culinary icon Chef Rudi Sodamin, head of culinary arts for Princess.
What is the new restaurant on Princess cruise ships?
The Catch by Rudi is the first Princess restaurant devoted to seafood and offers a completely fresh take. You can expect:
- contemporary interpretations of classic dishes
- international fusion influences
- highly-creative presentations
- engaging dining experience.
Which Princess cruise ships have The Catch by Rudi?
The Catch by Rudi is available to book on the following Princess cruise ships:
- Majestic Princess
- Enchanted Princess
- Sky Princess
- Discovery Princess
- Sun Princess
Onboard Enchanted Princess, it is located across from the guest services desk on Deck 5, as Sabatini’s moves to Deck 7 in the piazza, where Bistro Sur la Mer was previously located. The new restaurant effectively replaces Bistro Sur la Mer.
It’s also worth taking a look at the Wild for Alaska Seafood Programme that is available on all Princess ships sailing in Alaska.
How much is The Catch by Rudi?
Priced at $39 per person, this new seafood restaurant on Princess Cruises will be available to book using Dine My Way on the Medallion app. It will also be available as a speciality dining option within the Princess Premier add-on package.
The Catch by Rudi Menu
The Catch by Rudi will appeal to both seafood aficionados and guests who simply prefer some great ‘surf and turf’.
Guests will notice as soon as they pick up their menus that they are experiencing something unexpected and novel, as they read headings like “Beauty on the Plate” and “Tower of Taste.”
While the menu is focused primarily on seafood dishes, The Catch by Rudi also features offerings to appeal to every taste and appetite. You can expect vegetarian dishes and signature beef classics like steak frites.
Opening Gambits, Hot Bowls and Mixed and Mingled
You can choose one from this section of the menu.
- Shrimp on the Rocks: horseradish cocktail sauce
- Calamari: seasoned panko coating, lemon aioli
- Tale of Citrus: marinated lobster tail, sesame oil, frisee lettuce, grapefruit, brandy cream
- Tuna Salad Nicoise: seared tuna, green beans, hard-boiled eggs, greens, tomatoes, olives, vinaigrette
- Lump Crabcake: caramelised mustard hollandaise, asparagus salad, fennel, micro greens
- Ole Prawns: Spanish-style peeled prawns, garlic oil
- Sherry Baby Salad (V): tossed salad with greens, shaved vegetables, sherry dressing
- Smoked Salmon Sensation: honey-brushed hot-smoked salmonwith green spring vegetables
- Seafood Tower: marinated layers of poke tuna and salmon, crabmeat salad, avocado
- Pate of Duck Liver: brioche biscuit, cassis chutney, pea tendrils, blueberry, raspberry
- Mussels Provencale: broth of white wine, cream, tomatoes, garlic, scallions, crusty bread
- Seafaring Stew: cioppino (fisherman’s stew) with garlic bread
Beauty on a Plate
You can choose one from this section of the menu.
- Concerto: fresh linguini pasta with assorted seafood or a primavere style with fresh herbs
- Sea and Shire: surf and turf filet mignon 5-6 oz, lobster tail 4 oz, red wine sauce, steamed vegetables
- Garden Vegetarian (V): double-baked goat’s cheese souffle with mixed garden salad
- Shiitake-Crusted Halibut: fava bean puree, scallions, teriyaki glaze
- Grilled King Prawns: garlic, lime, cilantro and chipotle chilli sauce with glazed scallions and avocado brioche
- Sole a la Minute: whole Dover sole meuniere-style, filleted tableside by waitstaff
- Triple S Platter: Scottish salmon, shrimp, sea scallops, lemon butter sauce
- Poivre Perfection: steak frites with peppercorn sauce, french fires, frizzled onions
- Catch of the Day: Chef Rudi’s fresh catch from the trolley
Sides: ratatouille, garden greens, cauliflower puree, roasted fingerling potatoes, french fries with parmesan
There are further options that have surcharges:
- Whole Shebang 12 oz Lobster Tail: garlic, parsley, cilantro, olive oil, roasted vegetables ($30)
- Tailored for You, Whole Lobster, Split: oven baked with garlic and herbs or steame, served with clarified butter, parsley butterlemon mouseline or Asian sauce ($30)
- Salad of a Whole Lobster: mesclun greens, radishes, mango, arugula, lemon cilantro vinaigrette ($30)
- Fantastic Journey: elaborate tiered-seafood display serving one, two or four guests. Oysters, shrimp, langoustine, lobster, mussels, clams, crab claws and seaweed salad ($30 per person)
- Oysters on the Half Shell: red and pink peppercorn migonette, 6 or 12 pieces ($3 per piece)
- Sevruga Caviar: on ice with Belvedere vodka ($100)
The Seafood Trolly is a feast for the eyes with fresh lobster tail, shrimp, oysters, mussels, piled high along with other gifts from the sea.
You can choose one dish from the dessert menu.
- Delight in the Air: strawberry Pavlova, Earl Grey creme Chantilly, strawberry conomme, basil
- Mozart’s Berry Composition: Saltzburg Nockerl, Chef Rudi’s hometown berry souffle
- Chef’s Classic: Crepes Suzette with vanilla ice cream
- Chantilly Lace: mini croquembouche filled with creme Chantilly, hot chocolate sauce
- Rudi’s Artistic Face to Face: composition of triple chocolate truffle
- Handcrafted Palette: artisanal cheeses, nuts, truffle honey, dried fruits, crackers
- Fresh Minted Berries: with or without ice cream
The place settings are equally distinctive. Guests are greeted at their table by a special cocktail created by mixologist Rob Floyd (who also designed the cocktails for Good Spirits at Sea).
All wines will be hand-picked to pair with seafood. The Catch by Rudi will be about comfort, fun and engagement with wine selections that will not intimidate and be comfortable for guest to select and experience.
“Guests who experience The Catch by Rudi are in for something truly special,” said Sami Kohen, vice president of food and beverage for Princess Cruises. “The meal will offer a number of surprises -from before the meal starts, through the unparalleled desserts that are as fanciful as they are delicious and come with a special gift at the end of the meal.”
Princess Cruises Specialty Dining Guide
I created a video dedicated to the specialty dining restaurants on Enchanted Princess before this latest announcement. Take a look to find out about the other specialty dining options available onboard.