In preparation for your cruise with Princess Cruises there are a number extra things you may want to consider. No one wants to be spending too much precious vacation time doing laundry. Here’s the complete guide to Princess Cruises Laundry with tips and tricks to save you time and money.
Laundry Services on Princess Cruises
Princess Cruises offers two main laundry services on all of its ships:
- Professional cleaning services
- Self-service launderettes
Let’s take a look at both options in more detail.
Professional Cleaning Services
If you don’t want to do your own laundry on your Princess cruise, you can choose to get your clothes cleaned by the onboard laundry service. To do this, simply complete the form and leave it in your cabin for your room steward to collect.
You can opt for laundry service or dry cleaning. Prices between the two options varies and will depend on the item of clothing.
|Suit 2 piece||$10.00|
Your clothes will be returned within 48 hours unless you choose the Presto Same Day Service. The Presto Same Day Service costs an extra 50% and will be returned to your cabin by 6pm as long as you hand it to your stateroom steward before 9am that day.
For the Regular Next Day Service, hand your laundry to your stateroom steward before 9am and you should receive it by 6pm the next day. There is no additional charge for this, just the price per item.
If you simply need your clothes to be pressed after unpacking your suitcase, you can ask for items to be professionally pressed for 80% of the dry cleaning price.
You can choose to have shirts starched at no additional cost.
Free Laundry on Princess Cruises
Passengers who are staying in full suites (Owners, Vista, Penthouse, Window or Family suites) receive complimentary laundry.
Once you’ve reached ‘Elite’ status on the Princess Cruises loyalty programme (after 16th cruise or 151 days cruising), you can enjoy complimentary laundry.
If you’re not staying in a suite or haven’t made it to Elite status yet, look out for special deals that are sent to your stateroom. Sometimes there is an offer to fill a laundry bag with as much as you can for around $20.
Princess Cruises Self-Service Laundry
Unlike some other cruise lines, Princess Cruises offers guests access to self-service launderettes. You will find them on your stateroom deck.
Each launderette has washing machines, dryers and an ironing station. Machines cost $3.00 per load. Washing machine cycles last 30 to 35 minutes and dryers last 40 to 45 minutes. Older ships still accept coins (US quarters), whereas newer cruise ships or those who have undergone dry dock upgrades have token machines. The token machines accept your cruise card or Ocean Medallion for payment.
Bronze tokens are used for the washing machines and dryers. Gold-coloured tokens are for the detergent.
It has been known for the token machines to run out of tokens so be aware that you can buy laundry tokens from Guest Services.
Washing powder and dryer sheets can be purchased from a vending machine within the launderette for around $1.50. You may want to bring your own powder or pods.
You’re able to use the ironing station at no extra charge but you cannot remove the iron from the launderette because ironing and steaming is prohibited within your stateroom.
Princess Cruises Laundry Tips and Tricks
- Firstly, when choosing a cabin, avoid any near a self-service launderette as the machines will be noisy and there will be lots of traffic
- Bring your own washing powder or pods so you don’t need to worry about buying less familiar ones from the vending machine
- Choose your times to visit the self-service launderette wisely. Before 8am is known to be a quiet time
- Avoid doing laundry on sea days as it’s notoriously busy
- Don’t leave your clothes in machines after the time is up. It’s been known for other passengers to empty your machine to use it themselves. Set an alarm for yourself to get back in time
- If your clothes are a little creased after unpacking your suitcase, it’s easy to pop down to the laundry to give them a quick iron
- If you know when formal night is planned, send any laundry you need as early as possible so that you don’t have to wait until the last minute or pay extra for Presto Same Day Service
- Be weary of sending any delicate or expensive items to be cleaned. Princess Cruises does not take responsibility for colours running, fading or shrinking
- Pack a foldable laundry basket or bag if you’re planning to do a significant amount of laundry yourself
- Alternatively, pack enough clothes so there’s no need to do any laundry on your Princess cruise!