P&O Arvia launched in December 2022 with a good selection of dining venues to choose from. There are 8 restaurants and food venues that offer complimentary dining on P&O Arvia. In this guide we take a look at the included restaurants available to cruisers at no extra charge. Apologies in advance if this blog post leaves you feeling hungry!
How many restaurants are on P&O Arvia?
There are 17 restaurants and food venues on P&O Arvia. Some have an additional charge and others are complimentary.
The complimentary restaurants and food venues on Arvia that are included in your cruise fare are:
- NEW! 6th Street Diner
- Chef’s Table – only available on Gala Nights
- Horizon Restaurant (buffet)
- The Olive Grove
- The Quays
- Taste 360
- Traditional Main Dining Rooms (Meridian and Zenith)
The food venues and restaurants with an additional charge on P&O Arvia are:
- The Beach House – see review and menu
- The Epicurean
- The Glass House – see menu
- NEW! Green & Co, featuring Mizuhana
- The Keel & Cow
- The Limelight Club – read review
- Vistas Café Bar
Breakfast: Complimentary Dining on P&O Arvia
To begin the day, you have a number of breakfast options available that are included in your cruise fare:
- 6th Street Diner serves American-style breakfast classics like breakfast burritos, steak and eggs, American pancakes, salt-beef hash and chicken with waffles. Breakfast/brunch is served from 10.00am until 2.00pm, so it’s perfect for brunch or if you sleep late! Take a look at a sample menu
- The Horizon Restaurant is the buffet on P&O Arvia and offers a wide variety of breakfast options from Continental options to your ‘Full English’. Breakfast is served from 7.00am to 12.00 noon daily
- The Meridian and Zenith Main Dining Rooms is where you can order omelettes, Full English breakfasts, Eggs Benedict, pancakes, smoothies, oatmeal, granola and a selection of fresh fruits and cereals. Breakfast is served at slightly staggered times: the Meridian Restaurant is open from 7.30am to 9.30am and the Zenith Restaurant opens 8.00am to 10.00am
- The Quays is open for breakfast (7.00am to 10.00am) and offers made-to-order omelettes and Full English items buffet-style. Tip: this can be a quieter venue for breakfast if you don’t want a fry-up!
- Room service is free for the breakfast menu from 7.00am to 11.00am – see my full guide
- If you’re staying in a suite on Arvia, you can enjoy breakfast in The Epicurean.
P&O Arvia Complimentary Lunch Venues
There are five complimentary restaurants open for lunch so there’s plenty of choice, depending on your mood:
- If you fancy some fast food, you can head to Taste 360 on Deck 16 in the SkyDome for lunch
- 6th Street Diner serves all-day American breakfast dishes until 2.00pm, so if you miss breakfast, you can enjoy lunch here
- The Horizon Restaurant serves a buffet lunch from noon until 4.30pm
- The Meridian Main Dining Room is open for a traditional sit-down lunch from noon until 1.30pm
- The Quays features three complimentary food stations from noon onwards. On Arvia, you’ll be able to choose from Hook Line & Vinegar (fish and chips), Roast Carvery (roast dinner) and Fusion (Asian cuisine). The food items here change slightly each day.
- There is a Grab & Go station on Arvia but at the time of writing, it was not yet fully operational. Here you can help yourself to pre-made salads and sandwiches for a lighter lunch.
Dinner: Complimentary Dining on P&O Arvia
For dinner, the Meridian and Zenith Main Dining Rooms are always available. On Arvia, Freedom Dining is available to everyone, which means you don’t need to adhere to a set dining time. You can arrive for dinner anytime between 6.00pm and 9.30pm; just be aware that you may have to wait for a table if a lot of passengers descend on the dining rooms at once.
You also have the following complimentary dining options included in your cruise fare:
- The Horizon Restaurant serves a buffet dinner between 5.30pm 9.30pm with late night snacks available from 9.30pm to 1.30am. You can expect different ‘themes’ each evening.
- 6th Street Diner serves food such as nachos, buffalo wings, sticky pork ribs, loaded fries and American-inspired desserts (this is technically a main dining restaurant)
- The Quays is open until 9.30pm serving fish and chips, roast dinner and Asian cuisine
- Taste 360 on Deck 16 next to the SkyDome Pool is open, serving pizza by the slice, burgers, hotdogs and regional specialities e.g. paella during Spain itineraries
- The Olive Grove is open on Arvia for dinner. Unlike Iona, this restaurant has totally complimentary dining on P&O Arvia. The menu is inspired by the Mediterranean, so you can expect dishes from Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal and Morocco. This is one of the four main dining restaurants.
- The Chef’s Table is available to book in advance for Gala Nights. Surprisingly, this is part of the complementary dining on P&O Arvia but space is limited and so booking is essential.
Complimentary Dining on P&O Arvia: Quick Guide
|Restaurant/Food Venue||Location||Opening Times||Sample Menu|
|6th Street Diner||Deck 6 mid-aft||Breakfast/Brunch 10.00am – 2.00pm|
Dinner 5.30pm – 9.30pm
|6th Street Diner Menu|
|Chef’s Table||A section of Horizon Restaurant is used (Deck 16)||Only available on Gala Nights, must be pre-booked via cruise planner|
6pm or 8.30pm
|Chef’s Table Menu|
|Horizon Restaurant (buffet)||Deck 16||Breakfast 7.30am – 12 noon|
Lunch 12 noon – 4.30pm
Dinner 5.30pm – 9.30pm
Late Night Snacks 5.30pm – 1.30am
|The Quays||Deck 8 aft||Breakfast 7.00am to 10.00am|
Lunch/Dinner noon – 9.30pm
|Hot breakfast options and omelettes|
Fish and chips,
Asian noodles and curries
|The Olive Grove||Deck 6 mid-aft||Dinner 5.30pm – 9.30pm||coming soon|
|Taste 360||Deck 16 SkyDome||11.30am – 7.00pm||Pizza, burger, hotdog, chicken|
|Meridian and Zenith MDRs||Meridian: Deck 6 aft|
Zenith: Deck 7 aft
|Breakfast 8.00am – 10.00am|
Lunch (Meridian only) noon – 1.30pm
Dinner 6.00pm – 9.30pm
|Room Service Breakfast||Cabin||7.00am – 11.00am||Room Service Menu|
What are the Main Dining Rooms on P&O Arvia?
Arvia has four main dining rooms to choose from. There’s a break in tradition with two restaurants offering special cuisines:
- Meridian Main Dining Room
- Zenith Main Dining Room
- 6th Street Diner (American)
- The Olive Grove (Mediterranean)
These restaurants offer complimentary dining on P&O Arvia and are included in your cruise fare. You can dine at any of them during your cruise – why not try each one!
I would recommend going to the ‘My Holiday’ app once you’re onboard Arvia to pre-book a dining time each evening or join a virtual queue.
The Meridian and Zenith Main Dining Rooms are both at the aft of the cruise ship and are linked with a staircase. These restaurants have huge floor to ceiling windows so they have a good amount of natural light.
6th Street Diner and The Olive Grove are also close by to one another on Deck 6.
Is ice cream free on P&O Arvia?
No. Sadly, ice cream is still an extra charge and can be purchased from Ripples in the SkyDome and next to The Quays.
Does P&O Cruises Cater for Special Diets?
If you are interested in what P&O Cruises has to offer for vegans on Arvia, I’d highly recommend taking a look at Green & Co. Green & Co is the onboard vegan restaurant that is an additional charge but is very reasonably priced.
Take a look at this comprehensive guide to Green & Co by Cruise with Amber.
Vegan and vegetarian wines are available on Arvia, which are available to purchase via your wine waiter.
P&O Cruises can cater for you if have special dietary requirements such as vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free or a diet low in carbs, fat, sugar or cholesterol you can speak to the head waiter or restaurant manager once you get onboard.
Allergens are clearly marked in the buffet and the restaurant menus.
If you require Halal or Kosher meals, it’s best to contact P&O Cruises in advance to check and make them aware of your requirements before the cruise.
For all queries, email email@example.com at least 8 weeks prior to departure.